CASTLE: Season 8 – BURNING QUESTIONS
Now that the season (and series) is a wrap, I still have many questions (actually a baker’s dozen) that are puzzling about Castle and Caskett.
– Why were there no scenes in which Kate is all dolled up in a nice dress?
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”104″ gal_title=”S8q”]
(See slide show)
– Why no scenes at the swings? At least three scenes come to mind where it could have been utilized
– Confronting Kate in ep8
– Castle telling Beckett he knew about LokSat 18 months earlier
– When Kate came over for Irish Intervention
– Where did Kate live after leaving Rick? And how much of her stuff did she really take?
– Why re-introduce the Softail if it wasn’t to be featured again?
– Where was Beckett during episode 14? We didn’t deserve an explanation?
– Was the strip club abandoned after she went back with Castle? It was not seen after Dead Red.
– Okay this is not a question but a comment. With all the buildup this season of LokSat, and the way it turned out, did it remind anyone else of the Wizard of Oz, because when they pulled back the LokSat curtain there was just a little man standing there.
– So three teams of assassins were chasing Beckett in the season opening two parter but no attempts were made after that until the feeble try by Mason Woods?
– If there was any time to get her curtains cleaned it would have been the finale, right? After all, the promo said Caskett would need all hands on deck and wouldn’t Rita fit that bill? After all, she allegedly had been assisting Kate during the investigation.
– Why didn’t Jackson Hunt come to help his son? He was compelled to hire Hayley to watch over him in LA. She found him in NY. Wouldn’t she let Hunt know of the predicament especially after episodes 14 and 15?
– Since LokSat meant her mother’s murder is not closed, does Beckett again wear her mother’s necklace and Lockett? (Actually, we only know she removed it in deleted scenes from season 6)
– Why was there no Jim Beckett in season 8? With every hard decision Kate faced, she sought her dad’s advice (season 3×13…5×23).
– Did Kate Beckett ever get her Always bracelet back? It was never mentioned yet there were several scenes that Castle could have re-presented it to her in a very meaningful way. I am thinking at the precinct where Castle introduces her as captain, or maybe at the end of 8×15 or the beginning of 8×16?
This one from Meredeth Ferguson
Did they ever fully explain Castle’s missing time? I will add, how did Castle know about LokSat and if not, why was he chasing it/them? We got only the messy Korean resturant scene and the computer message Hayley showed him. Why was he even in Los Angeles? What a waste!
I am sure I will come up with more and either update this list or start another. One thing for sure is the show runners had no idea of the past seven seasons and how Marlowe and Miller liked to connect with past seasons. The fact they did no research is simply,