CASTLE: Season 8 Episode 14. G.D.S
– LA provides a nice unique backdrop
– I did like the premise of the GDS
– The scene in the Korean resturant was very funny especially with the owner trying to get them to eat, pushing menu’s into their chests.
– Some movement on Castle missing time with the watch
– Guess Hayley is fond of Rick and Alexis and prooved it with a kiss
– Loved the scene when searching the directors house, Castle. He key his look in a door mirror. LMFAO
– Alexis not taking Hayley’s word for it and tracked down the transmitter
– I did like Hayley in the back seat of the Suburban waiting for Alexis and saying she could not let things go like her father
– I liked that Hayley was hired by Castle’s father, makes more sense why she hangs around
– Great scene where Kendall picks Rick’s pocket, Mason asks if he knew, Rick admitting it was a bogus address and Mason saying she would be pissed
– Espo and Ryan handled a case with a big assist from Lanie
– Lanie getting last laugh on those two jokers
– I love that they portray Rick as a great dad and that scene with Alexis saying it was about protecting her was outstanding
– Nice gesture by Rick to suggest that they give it to Kendall
– And for him to say he already works for the greatest detective.
– Glad they had Castle push to find out what happened
– No mention that Beckett even existed
– Wish Gerald McRainey had a larger role
– Alexis is now a computer genius? Possible Hayley trained her?
– The murder, which could have been great, felt weak and secondary to everything else.
– No Caskett moments
– It should have been a Beckett-Castle “I know who the killer is moment” when Rick sees the marked up screenplay. Two weeks in a row they missed that.
– Not one mention of Beckett? No explaination of her absence?
– Lanie asking Ryan for a backround check, shouldn’t she ask her good friend Beckett?
– So that ADA, Marcus Weller did not last long with Lanie, did he?
– Castle hands Hayley his credit card? Really?
– Speaking of that, why does Castle trust Hayley, makes as little sense as Beckett trusting Vikram
– Rick going rogue in LA after Thailand?
– So how does Rick go from failing PI to GDS?
STUFF I MAY ONLY CARE ABOUT:
– Another episode without Beckett? So Kate runs off to LA in season 3 episode 22 to investigate Royce’s murder and so Castle made sure he tagged along. Castle goes to LA and Beckett is no where to be found, very disappointing
– I agreed with Lanie on getting the backround check after Marcus turned into such a jack hole. I wonder if Beckett told Lanie about his actions?
– Ok so for seven seasons they have told us that Beckett likes the weird ones. Bi- coastal murderers and missing body parts and no Kate?
– How much fun would it have been for Beckett to be in on the getting back at Espo and Ryan.
– How could there be absolutely no explaination of Beckett’s absence. At least in Cool Boys they said she was at a conference
– This episode did further the Loksat storyline, gave it some meaning, reduced the chance Hayley is a bad guy, put Jackson Hunt back in play and even better, means Castle has a reason to help Beckett especially if he and Hayley find the airplane and bulletin
#castle #beckett #caskett