CASTLE: THE BLAME GAME Season 8. Episode 12
– Another great episode making it 4 for 4 in 2016
– The opening at a resturant made for a nice change
– Martha’s great line about being delusional if he thought he’d get top billing over Stephen King
– Beckett being very interested in the symbol in the mirror
– Castle barging in and interrupting only to be chastised by Martha
– Castle being down right giddy over Stephen King
– Alexis bringing up the Yankee- RedSox thing (with Castle on that!)
– Loved that the hallway setup was so Stephen King like and that Castle acknowledged it.
– Castle went the whole episode without being silly. I really liked that he got to used his brains to get from plot point to plot point
– And Beckett the same as she dealt with similar clues
– The people trapped like caged animals and losing it felt real
– The blocked chamber of the pistol was an excellent twist
– Beckett being smart enough to remove the bullets
– And make a small dirty bomb, so badass
– Castle and Judah prying the door open
– Always love when KateBeckett takes lead with gun drawn.
– And Rick stopping her from using it
– Espo and Ryan driving the interrogation. Nice to see their competence without the boss hovering over them
– So Castle-like to stay behind and so great that Beckett would not leave him.
– Meadow still bound when she was allowed to leave
– Also how about that awesome teamwork to thwart the killer that was SO vintage Beckett-Castle
– Beckett with a shotgun held on the suspect. Only made better by Espo, Ryan et al breaking down the door. Kate saying thanks for the rescue and Hayley saying “you were clearly helpless without us” classic!
– Alexis lines… “Can’t leave you for 5 minutes” and ” he get captured twice a year”
– Hayley reminding Alexis how good her father is and then being a friend to her
– Loved the touching, understated ending with Kate and Rick holding hands, toasting and a kiss. It is so much more intimate than always hitting the sack. In this case it was the perfect way to express their refound is love.
– A cameo for Lanie again.
– Todd should have had a partner in the women’s side to make it less obvious, although, in fairness, the swerve could gave been us thinking it was too obvious for him to be the killer
– So Simon blows himself away and then forgotten?
– Even the wife was not terribly upset
– Alexis has no friends?
– Castle driving the Ferrari and leaving it on the street in such a bad neighborhood
– Beckett making a friendly personal call to Castle while walking through the precinct. Were they not just publically fighting three weeks ago.
– So Alexis has Castle’s call log, sees Beckett first on the list and STILL does not suspect they are back together?
– The three marked were his targets, the school teacher, the psychologist and the cop, not exploited until the end by the dynamic couple. A missed opportunity in my opinion for additional freaking out?
– So Meadow goes free after threatening to kill a police captain?
STUFF ONLY I MAY CARE ABOUT:
– Does Kate carry a gun anymore or when they were lured there it was taken?
– Also were the ladies drugged?Must have been if two were branded
– I really liked how Castle deduced that the ones with the symbols were the important marks (cop,teacher and psychologist) and the un-marked are leverage
– The scene where Kate and Rick stay behind makes me think the the rest of the season is going to provide us with a Caskett Union that is so much stronger than the couple who married spur of the moment (un- intentional pun especially since the episode after the wedding was the wild Wild West)
– Initially I was going to say that how can a deranged psycho killer know Kate and Rick are together but then it hit me that they never divorced and if he was “off the grid” he may have thought they were still together. Plus the message came from Castle’s cell so I would guess that would also tell him they were together from the call history, plus he wanted a cop from the 12th. (Second look: Kate theorized that the abductor kidnapped the guys first then used their cell phones to text the women. Nice bit of writing there)
– Then I wondered if, since Rick is a “celebrity” , was their separation announced on Page Six?
– I believe that if Beckett had fired her pistol it would have missed her due to her gun position and stance whereas Simon was square and thus nailed in the chest.
– Kate and Rick hug in public, not really knowing their companions, not especially careful or consistent with public fighting. That said, it was SO great to see that embrace! Also showed how slowly the Loksat nightmare it becoming less important to Kate.
– I will also say that the fact that Beckett blew off the Forensics seminar to run to Castle just furthers her need to reestablish her cred with Castle
– I will need to watch again, but I don’t remember the murder board being used.
– Call me a mark or a shipper or whatever the right term is but, the climax was outstanding, Caskett revealing how they figured out Todd was the killer, to the deduction of the psychology of why the motive to the outstanding teamwork to apprehend the suspect
– Okay, so once everyone learns what the motive was, will they be able to connect the dots and figure out that Castle and Beckett are together?
– So this episode made me think Saw and Clockwork Orange ( yes I am that old?)
Castle: “‘Richard Castle and Stephen King present.’ Wish me luck, ladies.”
Martha: “Darling, if you think you’re going to get top billing over Stephen
King, you’re going to need more than luck.”
Castle: “What am I, in kindergarten again? So where’s Mrs. Fields”
Todd: “We’re powerless in here.”
Castle: “No, we’re not. It’s power not to play.”
Patricia: “Something about this feels familiar.”
Beckett: “What do you mean?”
Patricia: “Identical rooms, the tasks. In grad school, I read a case study that examined separation anxiety in stressful situations.”
Meadow: “Well, this certainly is stressful.”
Patricia: “What are we going to do? This is all a game to our captor. We’re being manipulated.”
Beckett: “We’re going to change the rules.”
Beckett “Thanks for rescuing us.”
Hayley: “Yes, because clearly you were helpless without us.”
– After the police burst into the room and Castle and Beckett already have the mastermind in their custody